97.5 WONE & Marcs want to “treat you like a Rock star” this summer with the Ultimate Rock Star Flyaway to not one, but two cities!
First, we’ll kick off your trip with some prime time football as you and a guest head to San Francisco to see the browns in some Monday night action October 7th - then it’s off to fabulous Las Vegas for journey live in concert on Wednesday, October 9th at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace! We’ll take care off all your airfare, hotel accommodations & tickets
All you have to do to qualify is win a “treat me like a rock star” t-shirt at select WONE nights out this summer. The grand prize drawing will be held at the final rock the lock of the season (Friday 9/6)
Treat me like a rock star is brought you by Marcs, thanking northeast Ohio for 40 years, Action Sports Apparel, and 97.5 WONE.
97.5 WONE, General RV and Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District want to send YOU to Summer Camp! Enter below for your chance to win a weekend stay at an MWCD Campground of your choice! Campgrounds include: Atwood, Seneca, Tappan, Charles Mills, or Pleasant Hill Lake Park. AND you'll be glamping in style in a camper courtesy of General RV! Winners will be chosen weekly the entire summer! If you win a stay, you are automatically qualified for the grand prize: A 2019 Coachman Clipper Travel Trailer from General RV and a season of camping at any MWCD Campground for the 2020 season!
NOTE: Grand Prize Giveaway will be held TBD on Saturday, September 21st at General RV.
All qualifiers will be notified with complete details.
MWCD, General RV and WONE Camper and Seasonal Campsite Giveaway
No Purchase Necessary.
A purchase will not affect your chance of winning. Void where prohibited, taxed or regulated.
Here's how to enter for your chance to win:
1. You must be a legal resident of the United States and at least 18 years old to enter. Employees of MWCD, General RV Center, and WONE Radio and its advertising agency, including their immediate families, (spouse, child or parent or legal equivalent thereof including employee siblings and in-laws) or household members, are ineligible.
2. Only one entry per family. Duplicate entries will not be valid. Enter by August 31, 2019 by completing the Entry Form on this site, or by writing on a 3" x 5" piece of paper “Camping Giveaway” plus your name, address, zip code and telephone number, and mailing it to MWCD, PO Box 349, New Philadelphia, OH 44663. All entries must be post-marked by August 24, 2019 and received by August 31, 2019.
3. 60 finalists will be selected from all eligible entries by random selection and notified by telephone, email or mail. Finalists must be present at the time of selection of prize winner on September 21, 2019 at General RV located at 3063 Greensburg Rd North Canton, OH 44720. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an electronic entry, electronic entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered. The Prize may not be sold and no Prize transfers, cash redemption or substitution is allowed.
4. The Prize drawing will take place at General RV Center in North Canton. The Camper Giveaway includes a new 2019 Coachman Clipper presented by General RV Center and a voucher for a season of camping at any one (1) MWCD facility. The Winner will be responsible for all taxes due on Prize and all transportation of the RV to and from General RV Center. Details for making the camping reservation will be explained to the winner upon notification. The procedures for securing campsites in any future year are laid out in the Park Campground Guidelines of the MWCD.
5. The number of eligible entries received will determine odds of winning. The name of the winning family may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to MWCD, PO Box 349, New Philadelphia, OH 44663 by September 21, 2019
6. Entry constitutes permission to use winner name and photograph for advertising or promotional purposes without further compensation. Upon entering, you will be added to the MWCD, General RV Center and WONE Radio customer database and may receive email or mail communication.
7. Winner accepting the Prize agrees that the Prize is awarded on the condition that MWCD, General RV Center and WONE Radio have no liability whatsoever for injuries, losses or damage of any kind resulting from participation in the promotion.
8. All entries become the property of MWCD, General RV Center and WONE Radio which assumes no responsibility for late, lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, mishandled, illegible, incomplete, undeliverable or misdirected entries, or for the failure of the website during the promotional period or for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software or failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by MWCD, General RV Center and WONE Radio. Should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of MWCD, General RV Center and WONE Radio corrupt the security or proper administration of this promotion, MWCD, General RV Center and WONE Radio have the right to suspend or cancel the electronic portion of this promotion.
9. Sponsors: The sponsors of this promotion are the MWCD, General RV Center and WONE Radio.
Nul is an outstanding leader, scholar, and community volunteer. He's been selected as just 1 of 5 U.S. Presidential Scholar semi-finalists (CTE) from Ohio for academic achievement and dedication to his community. He's vying for valedictorian with a 3.96 GPA, is president of the International Club, VP of the Rotary Interact club, a Student Ambassador for the district, a member of Student Council, Biomed Club, HPAC, and SkillsUSA, a talented musician (sings & plays guitar), and plays varsity soccer and tennis. He’s completed 14 different community service projects this year alone in the school and community.
Ever listen to 97.5 WONE and say, you know I could do that. I would be really good on the radio. I’d play my favorite songs and everyone would love me. Well, it’s time to put your money where your mouth is. Look ma I’m on WONE is your chance to take over the radio station. Sunday evening at 6. We’ll give you an hour and let you do your thing. Tell us why you want to be on the radio and what songs you want to play below. Your big break awaits. Look Ma! Im on WONE from 97.5 WONE.
MUST BE 18+ TO HOST
Meet our newest Kid Who Rocks. Jessica Phillabaum will graduate Suma Cum Laude from Jackson High School. She excels academically with a 4.1 GPA and is a member of the National Honor Society. She also is a member of the Jackson Academy of Global Studies program which has led her to be a member of the JAGS Leadership Board and to have a better understanding of the struggles that we face globally. Her involvement in Student Council, Key Club, Green Club, History Club, and Outdoors Club has led her to be a very involved and community conscious student. Jess volunteers at Mercy Medical Center. She is a four-year varsity letterman on the Jackson Girls Soccer team and a member of the Elite Club National League with the Internationals Soccer Club in the off-season. Jess plans to continue to play soccer at the college level and to pursue a career in physical therapy.
Andy Hayworth is a kid who rocks! His musical interests encompass all genres from classic rock to rap, and sometimes passes time by playing the drums. In the classroom Andy maintains a 4.5 GPA and scored in the top 3% nationally on the PSAT’s. He is a 3x state qualifier as a member of the Hoover speech and debate team. Andy has been accepted into the Kent State University computer science honors college for the fall of 2019 and plans on a career in video game design. He also works as a server in a retirement community. Rock on, Andy!
Madison Boley of Norton High School has maintained a 4+ GPA, keeping her consistenly at the top of her class. She has also served as class secretary since her freshman year and has been active in her community as a member of Key Club. A big fan of cheerleading since the third grade, Madison is in her third year as a varsity cheerleader and also coaches youth cheer and the Norton Sparkles. In addition to all her school activities, Madison has also worked since she was 14, working previously at Springtime Flowers in Norton, Kohl’s, and currently at Acme. Madison plans on attending Kent State next fall to major in Child Psychology.
Anthony Parker of Canton McKinley High School is extremely active in his school and community and participates in AP and college level courses. After high school, he plans to pursue a career in Political Science. He has worked on local and federal campaigns and participated in community service projects. To date, his accomplishments include: member of McKinley Speech and Debate Team where he served as a Congressional Debate; Director of Tournament Organization and Debate Captain; served as Vice President Key Club; Treasurer of Model United Nations chapter; At-large representative for Canton City Youth Council; Vice President of McKinley's Student Council and a member of National Honor Society. Anthony's awards include: three time State Qualifier, Ohio Speech and Debate Association; two time Member of Attorney General Mike DeWine’s Teen Ambassador Board; 2018 Buckeye Boys’ State Delegate and four time Academic Letter Recipient.
Paige Phillips of Cuyahoga Falls High School is our newest Kid Who Rocks! She is a National Honors Society Member, a 2-year Rotary Scholar Award recipient, A 4-year Scholar Athlete Award winner, and a 4-year Letter Woman for Black Tiger Marching Band. She is the Clarinet Squad Leader and member of the Cuyahoga Falls High School Symphonic Band. Paige currently holds a 4.5 GPA and has placed on the High Honor Roll every semester since 6th grade. She's lettered in Varsity Soccer all 4 years, received an Honorable Mention in the Suburban League last year, and plays for NEO Soccer Club. She plans to attend Baldwin Wallace College and major in Sports and Business Management.
Meet Rachel Randolph of Tuslaw High School. She is a Kid Who Rocks. She's an accomplished singer/songwriter who has performed in musical theater. She's a multi-instrumentalist who seemingly can play whatever she picks up. When Rachel is not sharing her talents in school, she's working at outside gigs for pay. Her future plan will take her to the University of Akron to pursue further musical education and would like to be a band director some day.
Brady Rowan of Hoban High School is a member of the National Honor Society, Student Council Fundraising Committee, Student Ambassador, Hoban Dance Team Captain, Peer Mentor, and a recipient of the Monsignor Dowed Award, which is the highest honor given at Hoban. He's been on the Highest Honor Roll every grading period. A photo that he took was selected for the 5th annual Hoban Purchase Prize. He is a Senior Advanced Competitive dancer for the I'd Rather Be Dancing Studio. He was a Nexstar National Talent Champion and took 1st place in the highest scoring solo. His teachers take note his quiet but persistent enthusiasm for everything he takes on and he exhibits genuine joy when other classmates succeed. Brady plans on becoming a Nurse Practitioner and would like to minor in Photography while continuing to dance.
One WONE Listener (18 years or older) from a household may win a prize from Akron's Home of Rock & Roll once every 30 days. Persons from households where someone has won a prize valued at $500 or more shall be ineligible to win any other prize for a period of one year. In most cases, you will be asked to come to the station or be present to win to claim your prize. No purchase is necessary to enter or win any WONE Contest. We will need a photo ID such as your driver's license. No winners by proxy will be allowed; prizes are non-transferable. Anyone may win one of our games except employees (or their immediate family members) of The Rubber City Radio Group, Inc., any Advertising Agency connected with Rubber City Radio Group, any station advertiser (or Agency representing said advertiser), or any commercial radio station in the regional market. WONE will file a IRS Form 1099 on any prize given in excess of $500 value.
Winners of small prizes will be required to sign a receipt acknowledging that they have won the prize and that it was received. Winners of large prizes will be required to sign a release giving us permission to use their name, likeness and recorded voice to promote the awarding of the prize, and to acknowledge the probable tax liability, and avowing that they have complied with all of the contest rules, winning the game fairly. In every game, the judges will be appointed by WONE. The decisions made by our judges shall be final. In the event, the rules of any contest or game must be changed while the game is in progress, an announcement shall be made on WONE, on the day the change is to take effect, at approximately 7:12am. That change shall be posted to the the contest rules page on our website (http://wone.net), and will be available at the reception desk at WONE, 1795 West Market Street, Akron, OH 44313.
This week be listening to Jeff & Sandra for your chance to win a pair of tickets to see CHICAGO at The Youngstown Foundation Amphitheatre or a pair of tickets to see Deep Purple at MGM Northfield Park's Center Stage!
Jeff & Sandra also have your chance to win a pair of tickets to the Cleveland Orchestra's performance of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone at Blossom Music Center!
Tim Daugherty, the Rock & Roll Authority has your chance to win a pair of tickets to see CHICAGO at The Youngstown Foundation Amphitheatre!